cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2007 and Unity 5 UM

idupreez_2
Level 1
Level 1

I finished building a lab with CM6, Unity 5 and Exchange 2007 SP2.

I did all the steps as the manual shows and all went through.

Unity is up and running, and Syscheck shows no problems with Exchange.

Unity is on a MCS server. AD and Exchange are running om VMWare.

I can import and enroll users.

When trying to access that mailbox using TUI this message is played.

“ Your messages are not available now ….”

I did these permission changes as well to get it working, but with no luck.

- Delegated control in Exchange system manager to give the Unity acc full access

- Gave the Mesagestore acc specific send as, receive as rights

- Made the Direcservice acc member of the Domain Admins

Below are the errors I get in the event log.

Any help

Thanks

Ian

ID: 30003

Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Message: An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by %1 via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: %2.

An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by %1 via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: %2.

ID: 30012

Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Message: An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by %1 via MAPI.%n%nThis is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.%n%nVerify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

ID: 32013

Source: CiscoUnity_Doh

Message: Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: %1

Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: %1

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you tried recreating the MAPI profile?

Delete the MAPI Profile

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800949dc.shtml#topic2-3

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, tried this doc ass well.

But still no luck.

Thanks

Ian

We have experienced the same error while accessing vm via tui. We, too, added an Exchange 2K7 server & moved some mailboxes to the the new server & ran the Permissions Wizard.

We have not found a resolution yet. If anyone has additional information that may help resolve this issue we would be greatly appreciative.

I am in the same boat with a lab environment. Unity 5.0.1 and Exchange 2007 SP1 32-bit version. Have explored every Google post, KB article etc etc and everything indicates that MAPI connections via ESM's layer are working, except in Unity.

I ran through everything in the above doc, but with no luck.

Installing Exchange 2007 SP 1 on the Exchange server got it to work.

I also manually gave the 3 Unity accounts more permissions in AD and Exchange.

Hope it helps

Ian

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is probably a permissions issue on the mailstores for your Unity accounts or just the Unity accounts themselves in AD. Always a good doc to follow is the permissions set by permissions wizard doc here.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW501/PWHelpPermissionsSet_ENU.htm

Hope this helps.

Tray

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is probably a permissions issue on the mailstores for your Unity accounts or just the Unity accounts themselves in AD. Always a good doc to follow is the permissions set by permissions wizard doc here.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW501/PWHelpPermissionsSet_ENU.htm

Hope this helps.

Tray

We had the same problem. I made the UnityInstall, UnityDirSvc, & UnityMsgStoreSvc users Exchange Oranization Administrators and it fixed our problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: