cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Utilizing Stack Compression

KingsKnight7
Level 1
Level 1

Discussion point/Question centers around the viability of utlizing stack compression on remote LANs connecting via satellite to a service provider. Currently, some offices I assist are working under severe bandwidth limitations but require much more data transmission then there is available. As I understand it, stack compression simply requires each interface to be configured to enable compression. Overall, the efficiency is improved by up to 450% and packet loss is also reduced. What (if any) pitfalls present itself in the real world application of use and are there any drawbacks, such as overloading the interface/router? I suppose the layman would ask, "If this stack compression is so great an option, why haven't I heard about it and why isn't it utilized more?" I would welcome all discussion, supporting explanations or differing views.

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Could you make sure you are talking about SNMP object cCdmaPppCompressStackCons (its for Total number of PPP connections that use stack compression since system was last restarted ) or anything.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco