cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlse upgrade to wcs

lionellemaire
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm following the migration steps describing the upgrade of WLSE to WCS. As described, I insert the cd, login as administrator via console, reload the box, then nothing happens, while it should install, reload and eject the cd.

the page I'm following is this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.1/configuration/guide/wlse_wcs.html

the steps that's failing is step 3.

Help please !

6 Replies 6

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Lionel,

It sounds similar to when I upgraded. Is your appliance actually reading anything off of the CD? In my case it got so far and then stopped and it turned out that the CD had flaws on the surface (they looked like little white dots with comet tails!). I confirmed that the disc was faulty by putting it in my PC and trying to copy the contents to a new directory on my hard drive and sure enough it failed.

Hope this helps.

Scott

thanks man, it was indeed a problem with the CD, mine was little different though.

The CD was a data CD with a .iso file on it !!

cheers,

Hi Lionel,

Glad you got it fixed - thanks for the points.

All the best

Scott

seatraxlady
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue. I just had to reburn the disc with Roxio. I think it was a bad batch of burns

where did you find the software to burn? I haven't been able to locate it on Cisco.com. I am also having upgrade issues and the three disks I have been trying are all having issue

dmurech0488
Level 1
Level 1

I had three CD's and they all didn't work. On closer inspection they all had a .iso file on them. This means that when they were created the file was copied over as data. It needs to be burned as an image for this to work. Copy the .iso file to your PC then get a blank disc and burn 'as an image' to the CD. If it is done properly you will have multiple files on the disc when you veiw it.

Good Luck everyone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: