cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 sends DTMF tones to open front door lock?

Kevin Frazer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a dilemma. I have a customer that is asking me to configure a port in 2811 to ring everyones phones simultaneously when someone dials the front door box. He also want the phones to be able to open the front door via DTMF tones. I think you can use PLAR to send the tones but have never done this before and wanted to know if anyone else has or knows of some good config guides for this. I am using CM 5.1.3 and my router at the site they want to accomplish this is a 2811 with 6 FXO ports and 2 FXS ports. I only have one FXS port available. Thanks in advance!!

3 Replies 3

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

What kind of door security device are you using. In past we used Viking, and connected that device to FXS port and setup a speed dial from the user phone when pressed will open the door.

HTH

Yes it is a viking W-3000 and the remote touch tone relay controller is a Viking RC-2A. Do you have a config sample for this for CM and the router? Thank you!

We were using H323, so we just created a dial-peer, with destination-pattern, and added that XXXX as speed dial to receptionist phone.

Havent done much under voice-port as far as configuration if i recall correctly.

dial-peer voice XXXX pots

destination-pattern XXXX

port 0/2/2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: