Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4.2.99.0

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

Anybody out there tried the new controller s/w yet? Anything to report?

Regards

Scott

9 Replies 9

sethgarnar
Level 1
Level 1

I'll be upgrading 6 WiSM's tomorrow with this code so I'll post again once the upgrade is done and let you know how it goes.

I have 4 WiSM's that I will need to upgrade so I will look forward to hearing from you on this.

jordanperks
Level 1
Level 1

Install went much smoother than 4.2.61.0

With 4.2.61.0 I had to power cycle the controller because all my APs were hung up for 3 hours while trying to download the new image.

I haven't had it installed long enough to let you know if I see any bugs/issues with it. Hopefully I will know a bit more in the morning.

Well, it appears to have fixed bug CSCsm13591. I am not getting a ridiculous amount of "interface '802.11b/g' is down on Controller" errors anymore.

Or should we wait for 5.x ?

Anybody beta`ing that ?

When I said that it appeared to have fixed bug CSCsm13591 I was mistaken. I am still getting ~10 alerts/hour that "interface '802.11b/g' is down on Controller" when there is really no issue at all.

No problems here. Upgraded 4402 with no problems.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

Sounds like it is safe to upgrade.

Thanks again

Scott

djgizmo250
Level 1
Level 1

Perfect! We just upgraded from 3.2.78.4 > 3.2.195.10 > 4.1.185.0. This post just answered my question whether we should upgrade or not. Thanks guys. 4.2.99.0 here we come!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: