cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration - VPN 3000 to ASA5520

allenelson
Level 1
Level 1

I work with the ASA's quite often but not the 3000 concentrators. We're going to migrate a customers security pretty soon and about 75 remote access VPNs.

My question is, can the users / passwords / group passwords be exported from the 3000 or possibly saved to a text file? Id rather not have to call everyone and rebuild all of the tunnels due to passwords being unknown. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

srue
Level 7
Level 7

to my knowledge you will have to start from scratch. Maybe this time authenticate to a RADIUS server.

shawnreis
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find the answer to this question?

I would be curious to learn how you did it?

I actually just implemented pretty much the exact same - VPN3000 to ASA 5520 - The customer only gave me the config file from the concentrator after a lot of cajoling - They wanted to start from scratch with no useless config.

I only had about 10 Remote Access VPN groups to implement so I just did them manually - Half an hour with the VPN Wizard, used a mixture of Local, RADIUS and RSA authentication, worked out pretty nice.

Let me know if I can help anyone out with anything similar...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card