Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear my worque imediatly???

How to clear my worque imediatly??? I have 2080 pending messages in my workueue and I want to flush it imediatly?

Any ideas???

3 Replies 3

At the cli you can run 'delivernow' to re-queue emails for delivery. Please bear in mind, there may be reasons that the mail is queued, for example the site is down.

Check 'tophosts' to see if the sites are down/up. There is no point issuing 'delivernow' if you have 2800 mails waiting for a mailserver that is offline.

bfayne_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

"Delivernow" will only affect messages that are in the delivery queue, not in the work queue. There are very limited commands for the work queue.

These are the only work queue commands on the ESA:
workqueue pause
workqueue resume
workqueue status
workqueue rate

If you want your workqueue to empty faster, you can use "suspendlistener" to stop incoming messages.

There is a "deleterecipients" command, but that only affects messages that have made it past the work queue and are in the delivery queue.

If you use the "suspend" command, that will also stop outgoing email. Then you can view the messages once they make it into the delivery queue and delete messages that you don't want.

( don't forget to issue a resume after you are done :) )

The problem with messages in the work queue is that since there are no commands to look at them, you can't be sure that you aren't deleting legitimate mail.

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

What the previous post is correct, "workqueue" represents the queue before msg filters, anti-spam, anti-virus and content filters.

You may want to contact Support so they can help analyze what are in those msgs in the workqueue. Are they fake bounces that came through a connecting host that had a SBRS score of 1.0? If so, implementing "bounce verification" or recipient validation with LDAP can prevent the problem from occuring in the first place.

How to clear my worque imediatly??? I have 2080 pending messages in my workueue and I want to flush it imediatly?

Any ideas???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: