cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Short duration DTMF tones

mpitts
Level 1
Level 1

A customer has an internal "First Response" capability in their plant that is called for some emergencies. The First Responders are called via the paging system.

Their old phone system allowed them to press a key and use a continuous DTMF tone as an "attention getter" during these calls. Their new CME won't do this, accessing the paging system via ATA-186 port. The short duration of the tones doesn't do much for them.

I've duplicated it myself and can find no way to accomplish what their old system did.

Has anyone had a similar issue that would have a suggestion, or a workaround, that might help?

Thanks,

Mike

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

a TCL/IVR script can send digits up to 4 seconds duration, and would require an FXS port in the router, would that be enough ?

As long as it would play the tone in an already established call to the paging system it would be better than what they have today. Four seconds is a fair amount of time, and they could repeat it if they felt it was necessary.

I haven't had a need to use the IVR for anything yet. Would you have an example config, or could you describe how it would work?

Mike

TCl/IVR is a powerful environment to have CME do things you would't think are possible.

Basically the script would receive a call from any phone, call again the paging system, then use the command "leg senddigit" to play a digit up to 4 secs in duration.

If you are interested in developing such a script, please contact me to the address present in my profile.

This sounds like an interesting possibility.

Let me do some research on the TCL/IVR first, so that I have a better understanding of the functionality, and I will contact you via email.

Thanks,

Mike

Sure. You can look at some scripts that I wrote for the community:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

Can you post this TCL script? It sounds like exactly what I need.

Thanks.

Hi,

Is this script still available - would you be able to post it?

I could do with a similar script for a hospital paging system.

Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: