cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd issue with a 4402 after software upgrade

mike
Level 1
Level 1

We recently purchased a 4402 controller. It was running the 3.2.195.10 release, which I upgraded today to 4.2.99.0. I also updated the bootloader to 4.2.99.0-ER.

I configured everything like I did before the software upgrade. Same IP address, same subnet, no VLAN tags, and so forth.

The controller is on a segregated subnet, apart from my desktop machine. I have another machine on that segregate subnet, which I'm using for terminal access. I can remote desktop into that machine just fine.

I can also ping the controller from that machine.

I can not ping the gateway from the controller. I can ping the remote computer from the controller.

I can't ping the controller from my desktop, and I can't ping my desktop from the controller.

Any thoughts? The only difference is the upgraded software, as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

mike
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the answer, if anyone is interested or encounters the same problem.

The service port CAN NOT be on the same /8 network. For example, my service port was 10.1.1.1 while the management port was on 10.0.5.7.

It's gotta be totally different.

Which, honestly, makes NO sense to me whatsoever...but such is the Cisco way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: