Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM 4 - access issue

dmitry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was about to start configuring the SLA collectors in IPM 4 (LMS 3.0 with the Dec update) and could not access any of IPM's menus from the portal, getting an error message "Error in communicating with IPMProcess or ipmDbEngine". The restart of these processes did not make any difference (they were running OK before and after the restart). Tried to clear the DB through the ipm dbclean, apparently the ipm ver 4 does not have dbclean option. In the IPM log there are some exceptions due to urn "DeviceManager_CTM_URN not found

I'd appreciate any feedback on this

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPM is now fully integrated with dmgtd, so the same dbRestoreOrig.pl applies to IPM now.

Please post the ipmprocess.log and the output of pdshow.

What would be proper syntacsis to do the dbclear for the IPM DB initialization.

Unbelievable, I can access the IPM menues now! Did not do anything, did not even restart the LMS

I'm having the same issue as the above post. All relevant processes have been restarted and are running. See outputs of logs, "Unable to connect to IPM process. Cause: URN_NOT_FOUND" on ipmbase.log. This is the only error i can find and is disabling me from navigating in IPM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem has been sorted, due to hostname mismatch. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco