CISCO QOS 642-642 still includes LAN QOS ?

Answered Question
Feb 8th, 2008

I see that the LAN QOS for the 2960 has considerably changed in comparison with the 2950 (srr queues instead of wrr queues, ...). So does LAN QOS still make part of the current exam ? I don't see it explicitely as a chapter in the content description or in the blueprint of the exam.

Correct Answer by Jerome Tissieres about 8 years 10 months ago

Hi,

I'm taking the QoS training this week and there's still a large part on 2950, but nothing on the 2960.

So I guess the exam is the same way.

Correct Answer by toddlerdal about 9 years 2 weeks ago

Looks like there is only one line left in the blueprint:

Describe and explain the different queuing capabilities available on the Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch

I remember from the course material it's a really small section, but it is still there.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
toddlerdal Fri, 02/08/2008 - 06:28

Looks like there is only one line left in the blueprint:

Describe and explain the different queuing capabilities available on the Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch

I remember from the course material it's a really small section, but it is still there.

Correct Answer
Jerome Tissieres Wed, 04/16/2008 - 05:58

Hi,

I'm taking the QoS training this week and there's still a large part on 2950, but nothing on the 2960.

So I guess the exam is the same way.

svermill Wed, 04/16/2008 - 17:58

Have you read the Odom QoS book for this topic? I'm on travel and don't have my library handy, but I did read that book cover-to-cover last year and referenced it many time as part of R&S studies/lab prep. IIRC, nearly all of the L2 stuff was moved to an appendix for those who are merely interested or pursuing the CCIE. That seems to imply quite a bit. If you don't have that book, get it! It's a keeper...

awoog Thu, 04/17/2008 - 05:54

Are you speaking of CISCO QOS exam certification guide ? I agree that is worth reading. However I have the second edition and the LAN QOS is a full chapter 9 (not an appendix). IMHO, this is pretty old (2004/2005) and would deserve an update.

Jerome Tissieres Thu, 04/17/2008 - 11:39

Hi again Alain,

Well, in the blueprint there's "Describe and explain the different queuing capabilities available on the Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch" and nothing about 2960.

And I confirm the training speaks only about 2950 and WRR, nothing about 2960 and SRR.

Cu,

Jerome

Actions

This Discussion