cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

e1 back to back

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, can anyone tell me what cable i need to connect 2 e1 controller interfaces back to back ?

5 Replies 5

Goutam Sanyal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am not sure about your exact req, but if you want to connect that inbetween two Modem (V.35 & G703) back-to-back then you need to use "Stright Cable". And if you want to connect from Modem (V.35 to Router Controller) you need to use the same cable.

Thanks

Goutam

Rate if it works.

I am connecting 2 g703 intefaces back to back, ie the e1 cards on the cisco routers, I have used a straight through and crossover cable but im not getting any lights showing, any ideas?

Carl , is your terminology correct, g703 is normally using a coax cable so you just cross xmit to recv and vice versa, if it is e1 card that has utp connection then an e1 crossover cable will work as well as coax.

it is the e1 interface, what is an e1 crossover cable, is it rj48 or rj45 ?

in a test lan rj45 will work, the cross is different than say a cable crossed for ethernet crossover.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card