Views
Helpful
Replies

OTAP any good ideas for content ?

meggerman
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I support the cisco wireless network at a city hospital and have been interested to read about OTAP which seemingly is a method of distributing updates and content to wireless devices.

we run cisco 7921g`s and would like any feedback or ideas as to the types of things that may be of interest or use (im not talking specifics but methods) i.e news updates / bulletins

does it work like that i.e is that the best way to deliver news updates or messages to an IP phone.

sorry if this is a strange suggestion but if i have the feature sets i may aswell use them !

many thanks

megz

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Megz,

As far as I know, OTAP is only used as a means of WLC Discovery for AP's.

Understanding Over-the-Air Provisioning (OTAP)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a008093d74a.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

cheers rob,

it all becomes clear now :)

any other ways while i have your attention of sending nice litte messages or new updates to cisco IP phones ? i run CUAE and api`s to SQL database its pretty good system but i want something that can run simular but not interfere.

many thanks

Megz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: