cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Should mixed services work ?

michael.lussier
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I am using RSA authentication with the cisco vpn client to a 3030. using ESP,Isakmp,UDP 10000.

I have recently been approached to allow a series of windows handheld devices access to the network via vpn. \

There client does work but it utilizes ipsec over Nat-T and udp 4500.

If I enable Nat-T and fragmentation the handhelds can vpn into the network. Existing laptops using cisco vpn client continue to work just fine. But new laptop vpn clients can't get authenticated via the 3030 until nat-T is turned off.

Is this what is suppose to happen or is there a way that I have missed to allow them both to co-exist on the concentrator.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Enabling Nat -T shouldn't cause trouble for client authcntication. To use IPSec over NAT-T you need to enable IPSec over UDP on Cisco VPN Client 3.6 and later. Refer the following URL for more information http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_tech_note09186a00800946af.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: