CCM 6 H323 GW ISDN E1 issue

Unanswered Question
Feb 8th, 2008

Hi,

I use Callmanager 6.0 with Cisco2801 gw and terminate an 8-channel E1. We can receive calls from PSTN. However we can not make calls to outside ISDN cause code 44 requested/circuit/channel not available. Also the other end rings once and it stops. So people can see that who has called but the call can not be established. I upgraded the router to latest IOS. Please have a look and comment.

Regrds,

Yigit

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rajesh Revuru Fri, 02/08/2008 - 07:38

Yigit:

Looking at your H323GW config, i see two things are missing

1. Line code and framing are missing from the controller configuration

2. There are no outbound dial-peers configured.

Also can you try "sh isdn status" and see if connection with PSTN has been established?

yigitzorlu Sat, 02/09/2008 - 01:46

Hi,

Linecode and framing does not appear in the config because they are in their default values. As I stated when a call generated from IP Phone, PSTN phone rings once so sh isdn status shows Multiple frame established. I suspect that it is something to do with ISDN negotiations. There is one pots one voip dial peers and if there would be a missing dial peer it couldn't hit the E1 port.

Regards,

Yigit

Paolo Bevilacqua Sat, 02/09/2008 - 02:20

Hi, all is good in your Q931 setup. Contact telco, report the problem, the only unlikely possibility is that they want something different than unknown/unknown for type/plan.

Actions

This Discussion