Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6 H323 GW ISDN E1 issue

yigitzorlu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use Callmanager 6.0 with Cisco2801 gw and terminate an 8-channel E1. We can receive calls from PSTN. However we can not make calls to outside ISDN cause code 44 requested/circuit/channel not available. Also the other end rings once and it stops. So people can see that who has called but the call can not be established. I upgraded the router to latest IOS. Please have a look and comment.

Regrds,

Yigit

3 Replies 3

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Yigit:

Looking at your H323GW config, i see two things are missing

1. Line code and framing are missing from the controller configuration

2. There are no outbound dial-peers configured.

Also can you try "sh isdn status" and see if connection with PSTN has been established?

Hi,

Linecode and framing does not appear in the config because they are in their default values. As I stated when a call generated from IP Phone, PSTN phone rings once so sh isdn status shows Multiple frame established. I suspect that it is something to do with ISDN negotiations. There is one pots one voip dial peers and if there would be a missing dial peer it couldn't hit the E1 port.

Regards,

Yigit

Hi, all is good in your Q931 setup. Contact telco, report the problem, the only unlikely possibility is that they want something different than unknown/unknown for type/plan.