ACU does not support WPA-PSK - Now what?

Unanswered Question
Feb 8th, 2008

I have been tasked with upping the encryption on my wireless network from 128-bit WEP to WPA of any flavor. I would prefer to use WPA-PSK because our small network has no authentication system in place and I am not likely to get approval to purchase any. We have a couple dozen handheld scanners running Windows CE with Cisco 350 radios and the ACU connecting to 1200 series WAPs with the most current IOS. While checking to see if a firmware or utility upgrade would allow me to support WPA-PSK I found this post:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Getting%20Started%20with%20Wireless&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddc7263/0#selected_message

Whoops! Guess not!

So now I know that ACU will not support WPA-PSK, and my Windows CE handheld scanners will not support the MS WZC either.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an encryption solution using our existing hardware? Best solution would be a different client utility which would support WPA-PSK.

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion