cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate SysName

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following error in Topology discrepancy report. I tried to delete devices from topo but the second device is not present in topo since unknown in Data Collection, so I was not able to delete it.

I'd like to delete this device from CM database only because it is seen correctly by other appli (RME ...) and I don't want to loose that.

Can somebody help me find the good command please ?

Type Devices with duplicate SysName

Severity Medium

First found 2008/01/09 13:00:55

Description :

SysName:CORE-1

The following devices have the same SysName.

Note: If devices,running Cisco IOS,have the same SysName then only one of the devices will be discovered by Campus Manager.Delete the discovered device and perform another discovery after configuring unique SysName on devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Where do you see the IP address in Data Collection? Is it just the duplicate sysName discrepancy? Since the device is still on the network, you should go to your CM data collection filters, and filter it out from there. Then run a new Data Collection, and the discrepancy should be gone.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the NMSROOT/campus/bin/DeleteDevice command to delete a device or set of devices from Campus Manager only.

I tried to use the command DeleteDevice to remove only the device CORE-1 (10.10.10.2) discovered by Campus discovery but seen as Unknown by data collection.

I got the following result :

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\bin>perl DeleteDevice -device CORE-1 -user admin -password admin

Athorizing device:10.10.10.2

Username:admin

ERROR AniClient: command Core:csmDelDevices because org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: minor code: 0 completed: No

WARNING AniClient: no listener defined for aniClient: admin@ANIServer5.0.3-srv-cwks

ERROR DeleteDevice: msg.connectionLost

MESSAGE Result of the Command

:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\bin>

Any idea ?

Check your ani.log for any other error messages.

When I run the DeviceDelete command, I get the following error in ani.log :

2008/02/11 18:22:44 VBJ ThreadPool Worker id=32 se=iiop_tp scm=iiop_tp ani ERROR CoreServiceModule: Device not found: Please reenter another ipAddress

But I checked in the device discovery and data collection, I have the good IP@.

The 3750 is used to route so it has many router interfaces configured.

How to know which one is kept to identify the device in the database ?

Thanks

Where do you see the IP address in Data Collection? Is it just the duplicate sysName discrepancy? Since the device is still on the network, you should go to your CM data collection filters, and filter it out from there. Then run a new Data Collection, and the discrepancy should be gone.

Hi

Thank you very much.It worked.

The device shown as unknown type in the data collection report, was deleted after filtering it and running again the data collection discovery.

Then it was rediscovered in the good way, after unfiltering it.

The Duplicate SysName discrepancy was gone before that by deleting the other device conflicting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: