cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Codes - CM 4.2

alatamore
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to figure out how the voice mail codes actually work in CM 4.2. I have a code set to turn MWI on and a code to turn it off. How do these work? If I dial the codes from my phone it turns MWI on or off (depending on the code used). When Unity tells CM to turn on MWI what does it do? Is there a way in 4.2 to turn on MWI for a particular phone from a different phone (that does not have a shared extension)? Can a translation pattern be used in CM to change the extension which has MWI turned on (so a message is left for extension 2000 but the light for 2005 is turned on instead)? Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you leave a message it's stored in Exchange, exchange send a message_row_added to unity, unity understand by this that a new message has been delivered to the user and triggers one port to send out the MWI on request

according to the best practice guide you should NOT be able to dial the MWI extensions. only the VM ports should be able to reach them

ccm gets the MWI request and sends the message to the proper MWI extension to set MWI on or off

you can use the port status monitor in unity to see the Dialing MWI(DN) message

you can set on the subscriber page in unity several MWI extensions, X is the same as the one on the profile but you can add any other DN you want also to receive the MWI

if you want a MWI request to hit a translation pattern you need to enable the CCM service parameter Multitenant MWI

i think that what you need is not a translation pattern but to set another mwi extension for that subscriber or replace X for 2005

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate