cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No incoming caller name through 2811...

daniel.smith
Level 1
Level 1

I recently changed from a 6608 card in my 6509 to a 2811 router for incoming/outgoing voip calls. Once the new router was inplace, incoming calls were no longer displaying the caller name. Number only. I am running Cisco Call Manager 3.3(4) and with the new router, h323 instead of MGCP. The telco is sending caller name in the setup message. All possible ISDN name setup has been done in the router. I have been told that the only way for it to work now is by upgrading to a newer version of Call Manager. We will be upgrading this year sometime, but is there a way to get this going now? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The earlier versions of CCM only supported calling name using MGCP operation.

The following URL lists the H323 calling name feature and says it should work in all versions of CCM, but 4.2 is recommnded, although when this was released they may not have included CCM 3.3 in any testing -

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124relnt/rnspls/rn2800xw.htm#wp329995

You may want to consider upgrading :-)

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

please send a q931 trace of an incoming call. If it is asn.1 encoded, chances are you are still the necessary qsig decode command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: