Views
Helpful
Replies

R2 Signalling Help

mohsin.kazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured an E1 pri with R2 signalling between AS5400 with IOS release 12.4(15)T1 ES, however, the call cannot be established,

Config Output

controller E1 7/0

framing NO-CRC4

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani

cas-custom 1

I am attaching the debug logs for you to review ,also please advise for any configuration changes.

Kind Regards

Mohsin kazi

4 Replies 4

mohsin.kazi
Level 1
Level 1

I am attaching the logs

Which country is that ? Please configure a country under cas-custom 1. After that you may need further setting, like number of did digits, etc.

The Country is India, well i have already configured the cas-custom attributes as below

country India use-defaults

ani-digits min 10 max 10

dnis-digits min 4 max 4

dnis-complete

I am able to place calls when i use the inter-register signalling as dtmf dnis, however when i use r2-compelled ani, the phone rings & after going off hook i can hear a long tone with no media being established.

It is a standalone CVP deployment, with SIP signalling between the ingress & egress gateway. And the Egress gateways is connected to a Krone PBX over a E1 using R2 signalling.

When i enable debug ccsip messages, i can see a sip 100 trying but no response to it, it is just that the media is not established.

Also confirmed using sh voip rtp connections.

Hi,

it's all in the signaling. You need the get it right but E1 R2 can be very difficult, and you may need PBX technicians helps to do that.

If they can converto to PRI all becomes becomes very easy.

The debug to use is "vpm signal".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: