cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 - Busy/Unknown Number when calling 4-digit extension

tripoli-e
Level 1
Level 1

The first line on all our 7940 and 7960 phones is a 3-digit number, and we can call those extensions from any other internal phone. The 2nd through 6th lines are 5 digit numbers, but we can't call any of those extensions. The phone just shows the first 3 numbers, and gives a busy signal, along with 'Unknown Number' on the display. Shouldn't the CME 'know' all of the ephone-dn numbers it has configured?

If it helps, among other dial-peers, we have these two added to be able to call extensions on our second CME4.1 at a remote site:

dial-peer voice 9910 voip

destination-pattern [12345]..

voice-class codec 2

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.6.254

dtmf-relay sip-notify

dial-peer voice 30100 voip

destination-pattern 3....

voice-class codec 2

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.6.254

dtmf-relay sip-notify

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Two matches means overlap, hence the undesired behavoir.

So if you don't have 3xxx and 5xxx extensions remotely, destination-pattern [124].. on voip DP will work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, do "show dialplan number XXX" for all the numbers in question, then shorten to first three digits, etc. If there is an overlap, you will see it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I know that there are no overlaps between the 3-digit extensions, and the 5-digit extensions. All the 3-digit extensions start with 1,2, or 4. All the 5-digit extensions start with 3.

Maybe the dial-peer with the destination-pattern [12345].. is messing things up?

Indeed if you have extensions starting with the same digit both locally and remotely you have a definite overlap. Had you entered the command suggested above, you would have seen that.

In light of this, the low rating given to my post is very unappropriate.

Now you need a prefix digit to call the remote extensions, that has to be stripped out before placing the call via translation-profile and rule.

Sorry, I'm not a CME expert, so from your post I couldn't tell what exactly I was looking for. When I do 'show dialplan number 448', it returns two matches, destination-pattern = '448$' and destination-pattern = '[12345]..'.

As a clarification, there are no duplicate extension numbers between the two CMEs. And we don't want to have to dial a prefix digit to reach extension numbers at the second site.

Edit: So what will happen if I change 'destination pattern [12345]..' to 'destination-pattern [124]..'? Will calls to 3XXXX and 5XXX extension numbers work?

Two matches means overlap, hence the undesired behavoir.

So if you don't have 3xxx and 5xxx extensions remotely, destination-pattern [124].. on voip DP will work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: