cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging and changing the default voicemessage.wav

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a way that you can change the name of the voice mail that you get in your exchange inbox from voicemessage.wav to voicemessage(time/date).wav?

I know that in your inbox you can see the time stamp, but if you download them and dont rename them, they would all be the same filename essentially.

This sounds like it may be an exchange change.

BTW Exchange is off-box

Weird request, I know, but those customers......

3 Replies 3

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I have heard that maybe you can do this in integration and send messages with a time stamp. Any ideas?

A little more information on this. The outlook client is hanging because the same filename is downloaded and I discovered that Outlook saves every single attachment you download - in a temp folder. If the same file name exists, it simply appends a number. After 100 attachments the temp files needs to be cleaned out or the app will hang.

The logic behind this is that if we change the filename of the voicemessage.wav, then we can stop the identical filenames going to the temp folder. Has anybody else seen this issue?

Hi Matt

Did you get an answer for this?  I have a similar requirement.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: