cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No call preservation when phones fail from sub to pub

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

CM4.2(1) phones are registered to Subscriber. When connectivity to Sub fails, calls are dropped during re-reg to Pub. Is there a services parameter to ensure call preservation? This suppossedly happened between two IPT phones on the same IP network (no gateway involved). I am making an assumption that the RTP stream's path was not also going over the same network pipe that the outage occurred.

THANKS!

2 Replies 2

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Is this happening with internal calls, or with calls to the PSTN or perhaps both? If it is with calls to the PSTN, then what type of Gateway are you using, MGCP or H.323? Do you have the GW registered to the same server as the phones?

It is happening with internal calls and that is what is concerning me. (The gateways are MGCP and should be registered to the same CM as the phones.) I have not been present when it happened so I don't know all the details....it could very well be that whatever network outage is occurring is also interrupting the RTP stream. I just wanted to make sure there is not any global/enterprise/service setting for call preservation that I don't know about.

THANKS!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: