Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward with MGCP

sgvoip001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have some problems with my Cisco VoIP system. I use a VG224 gateway to connect 24 analog phones to the VoIP net. On this Gateway the MGCP service is running and is connected/registered with the Communication Manager 5.1(1).

Everything is working well BUT one of this analog phones is the phone of our doorman and he need the Call Forwarding Feature.

So there is my question: does anyone know how I can configure Call Forward features with MGCP on the Communication Manager?

Olli

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You may use SCCP on VG224 we have more features with that protocol.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

Anyways for MGCP For CF settings you configure that under the DN for the FXS port in the CCMAdmin / GW page for that VG224

Uuuuh,

a change to SCCP. The configuration of MGCP was horrible as far as I remembered. I hope this procotol solves my problem.

Are there any differents to MGCP? Can I configure the ports with the Communication Manager? Is there any possibility to allocate Calling Search Spaces and Partitions (phone authorization) to each SCCP Port?

I configured H.323 routes for failover when the VG loses the connection to Communication Manager. Is this with SCCP possible?

Olli

personally i find MGCP config easier (but with less features)

the main difference is that you will use the same protocol as any ip phone to control the ports

you can configure it with CUCM, just select SCCP under protocol when adding the gateway

you can assign them partitions and CSS, with this you can look for them directly from device -> phones and not from device -> gateway

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

I have new information.

I changed the VG224 to SCCP but the problem still exists. I tried to find any information about this problem and a running configuration of VG224 - unsuccessfully.

But I had a little victory too. I tried to make a forward with the R button on the analoge phone - unsuccessfully. BUT!! If you push the R button more than one times during a short time (looking on my aching finger :'( than the call forward is successfully. I was able to reproduce this behaviour.

Does anyone know why the VG224 behaves in this way?

Please need help.

best regards,

Olli

Hello

I'm looking for a config for a VG224 Gateway.

Can anybody provide me a configuration example, for MGCP or SCCP?

I like to configure the easiest way but I'm not sure if this is with MGCP or SCCP.

The Gateway will be installed only for Fax Machines.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Pascal