1410 has lost config

Unanswered Question
Feb 9th, 2008

Help! I successfully copied my flash to the tftp server for a back up and was in the process of copying the new flash to the bridge when we had a power spike on a generator. My main switch power cycled and the 1410 is not responding. On the 1410, there are two red lights. I have pinged the IP address, and nothing. I have telnetted into the switch and did a show cdp neighbor detail, but nothing. I attempted resetting the unit to defaults and was unable to access 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 with my laptop configged as 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.0.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Sat, 02/09/2008 - 10:11

Hi Dale,

I'm sure that this is fixable :)

Note: This default IP address of 10.0.0.1 becomes available only for a short period. So, make sure that you assign your own IP address to the bridge within that period of time.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_password_recovery09186a00800949d0.shtml#ca_1410_ser

Using the MODE button

You can use the MODE button on the bridge to reload the bridge image file from an active Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server on a PC connected directly to the power injector Ethernet port.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If your bridge experiences a firmware failure or a corrupt firmware image, indicated by three red LEDs, you must reload the image from a directly connected PC with a TFTP server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note This process resets all configuration settings to factory defaults, including passwords, WEP keys, the bridge IP address, and SSIDs.

Follow these steps to reload the bridge image file:

Step 1 The PC you intend to use must be configured with a static IP address in the range of 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure the PC contains the bridge image file (for example, c1410-k9w7-tar.122-13.JA.tar) in the TFTP server folder and the TFTP server is activated. For additional information, refer to the "Obtaining the Bridge Image File" and "Obtaining the TFTP Server Software" sections.

Step 3 Rename the bridge image file in the TFTP server folder to c1410-k9w7-tar.default.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the bridge using a Category 5 Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect the power jack from the power injector.

Step 6 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the power injector.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds).

Step 8 Wait until the bridge reboots as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the bridge reboots, you must reconfigure the bridge by using the Web interface, the Telnet interface, or IOS commands.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/bridge/1400/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/p15trb.html#wp1038660

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion