cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing on 2811 with on 4 port 10/100 HWIC

tecnetpro
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a cisco 2811 router with one inteface (Fastethernet 0/0) connected to the lan and is also the gateway and other interface is FE 0/1 is connected to a Wireless Radio which have a bandwidth of 15 Mbps to a office near by which also have the same set up connected in the same way.

Now i need to double the bandwidth by adding on more wireless device on either ends.how can i load balance on the 4 port HWIC card on 2811 on both side.

It should be load balancing not fault tolerent.

Please help

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Configure additional vlans 2, 3, 4. Assign each one to a port with "switchport access vlan X". Assign a different address and subnet subnet to each VLAN. Make sure you can ping everything as supposed.

Configure a routing protocol of your choice, suggest ospf. You will have load balancing and fault tolerance.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks.

Can you please help me in configuring the loadbalancing with ospf on cisco 2811 router.

Can you get first to the step where you have the 4 vlans set and can ping each the corresponding each IP on the other side ?

Do configure your radios IP in the same subnet for each subnet, so you can manage them as well.

eg

int fa 0/2/0

switchport access vlan 10

int fa 0/2/1

switchport access vlan 11

int vlan 10

ip address 10.0.10.1

int vlan 11

ip address 10.0.11.1

etc ...

Thanks for the reply..

i have ordered for the HWIC's and will be getting in 2-3 days time. but i want prepare an outline before trying this.

i am taking my old ccnp books and reading ospf now.since i am into voice solutions for the past 3 years,i am completely out of touch with dynamic routing protocols..

Hi, it's all automatic and no need to worry too much about. Assuming the addresses I used as example:

router ospf 1

network 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 area 0

redistribute connected subnets

And that's it.

Thanks for quick replay.

i will get back to you as soon as i finish configuring this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card