Views
Helpful
Replies

ipv4 helper-address, CRS

sushansson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm trying to enable DHCP relay on the GigabitEthernet port on device CRS. The CRS should act as DHCP relay device however, when configuring ipv4 helper-address command under the interface, the command "show ipv4 int gi0/2/2/6" shows that helper address is not set. I tried to enable dhcp service on the whole box by entering the command "dhcp server" but without any luck. I would be grateful if someone could help in this matter. Thank you for your help, Susanne

3 Replies 3

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

You need to configure "service dhcp" globally to enable the relay agent feature. Even without this command I think the helper should still show up in show ip interface.

Does the relay agent work even though it does not show up in the show command? If it does it could just be a cosmetic bug.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your answer. However, this is a CRS, XR software, box and to turn on DHCP you enter the command "dhcp server". The command "service dhcp" does not exist in XR 3.4 software. I would appreciate if someone knows how to turn it on. Following commands has been entered:

!

dhcp server

dhcp relay information option

!

int gi0/2/2/6

ipv4 helper-address vrf default 1.1.1.1

!

Thank you, Susanne

Hello Susanne,

Unfortunately, the DHCP relay/helper functionality is broken

in IOS-XR version 3.4. The bug CSCsl48947 fixes this in 3.4.3, 3.5.3, 3.6 and 3.7.

Thanks,

Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card