Internet links

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2008
User Badges:


The internet links the service providers provide these days, 25mb or 30mb etc. what are those links, those are neither T1s E1s nor ethernet. So what kind of router interface I need, Can these be terminated on switch directly?


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
royalblues Sun, 02/10/2008 - 05:08
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

It could either be channelised DS3 / OC3's or even EoSDH.

With channelised cards you can define the amount of bandwith in terms of nxE1 (or nx T1's). The interface would be standard DS3 or OC3. you would receive the clock for the bandwidth you subscribe

With ethernet over SDH, the service provider caps the bandwidth as per your requirement in his equipment and presents you a standard ethernet interface. Since it is a std fastethernet interface, it is recommended to shape the traffic at the egress to the subscribed bandwidth.

With EoSDH you also get away with the requirement of WAN cards




This Discussion