cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR 3.5(3) wants to give helpdesk service to CUCM 5.1

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a provider that has ip ivr 3.5(3) integrated with ccm 4.1(3). This provider gives helpdesk service using its IVR so he wants to give us the same service. The problem is that we are using CUCM 5.1 and when we call the Route Point on the provider's ccm we catch a cti port and actually an agent respond our call. The problem is that we can not hear the prompt. We tried changing the codec from g729 to g711 but nothing happens.

What else can we do, do you know if there is an incompatibility between the versions?

Thanks in advanced,

Pepe

5 Replies 5

Yes, per the compatibility matrix:

CUCM 5.1(1b): 4.5(2), 5.0(2)

CUCM 5.1(2): 5.0(1), 4.5(2)

CUCM 5.1(3): 5.0(1), 4.5(2)

I would open a TAC case just to verify if they have any customer that has been able to run your versions together, but I am 99.9% sure you will have to upgrade your IP IVR.

david

Hi David, Do the compatibility matrix only apply for integration or also for interaction like my case. It means we don't want to integrate our CUCM 5.1 with the IP IVR 3.5(3) we only want to use its service as a helpdesk client.

Thanks for your time,

Pepe

Pepe,

Not sure what you mean when you're talking about using it as a help desk client. My understanding is if you want to have a CUCM RP to launch an IP IVR script, the compatibility matrix says to upgrade your IP IVR.

david

Oh ok, the helpdesk provider has the IP IVR 3.5(3) with a CCM 4.1(3) ... we have CUCM 5.1 so we make an intercluster trunk between both callmanagers, using this trunk we call the RP on the CCM 4.1(3) that is integrated with the IVR, the problem is that we can not hear the prompt from the provider IVR.

Thanks for your time,

pepe

Oh, that makes a lot more sense then. Honestly, my IPT is very weak, but this might actually work. I would check the MIVR logs in the IP IVR to see if they are actually playing the prompt.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: