Helpful
Replies

Default-originate Vs bgp cluster-id

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Netpro!

why we use bgp cluster-id 50000?

When we issues the command neighbor y.y.y.y Default-originate.how we would verify if it works properly?

many 10xs

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Information on bgp cluster-id

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hirp_r/rte_bgh1.htm#wp1071366

As for your other question, you can verify you are sending the default route with the command

show ip bgp neighbor y.y.y.y advertise-routes

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi Edy!

many 10xs

Hi Edy!

I Didn't Find the Default-Route

R6# sh ip bgp neighbors 1.1.167.7 advertised-routes

BGP table version is 5, local router ID is 6.6.6.6

Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i - internal,

r RIB-failure, S Stale

Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete

Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path

*>i150.1.1.0/24 1.1.136.3 0 100 0 i

*>i159.1.1.0/24 1.1.136.3 0 100 0 i

Total number of prefixes 2

many 10xs

Hi Ali,

The "neighbor default-originate" command differs than the "default-information originate" command, the default route generated via the default-originate command is kind of considered a special case and is not submitted to the outbound route-map and also won't appear in the output of the "show ip bgp neighbors x.x.x.x advertised-routes", below is a summary of BGP default-route cases:

1. default-information originate + redistribute static (or any dynamic routing protocol having the default route - but the route must be present in the routing table using the redistributed protocol).

2. network command "network 0.0.0.0" but must make sure the default route is present in the routing table (most commonly with a static default route to null0 interface, accordingly any destination address that cannot be matched to a more-specific route matches the static route and is dropped).

3. Using the neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate command. This method does not require the presence of the 0.0.0.0/0 network in the routing table of the advertising router (most commonly used in the cases where a default should be sent to some neighbors, but not to others).

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card