cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linux AnyConnect Client on Ubuntu

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

I've got the Linux AnyConnect VPN client working, but after some struggles. I get the same problems with Ubuntu Feisty and Gutsy, and just wanted to check if anybody else was running in to these problems:

1) When trying to do a web launch, it says I need a plugin called GCJ, but I can't find any evidence this plugin exists.

2) The timestamps on all the installation files are marked December of 2008, which causes all kinds of fun error messages.

3) /opt/cisco/vpn/bin/vpnagentd is supposed to run automatically at startup, but this doesn't appear to be working. I have to manually start it every time.

Client works just dandy on Windows, but having a nice fully supported graphical VPN client is one of the reasons we're moving to AnyConnect

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

These problems usually appear if you are using a pre-release beta version of the software. You should use the current final release and supported version of the vpn client.

No, this is for version 2.1.0148 which is the latest version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: