Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express AA threat!

Hi all, i'm wondering when i'm using AA, if someone dial my company number and get the AA script that invite him to dial by extension so he could reach the international number just by typing the Outside extension and if it's possible how can i controll it or how can i activate it. (i guess that u will regonize this threat: it's the Toll fraud : Transfer from voicemail ;) )

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUE auto attendant has a configurable option to prevent exactly this scenario.

ccn application autoattendant

description "autoattendant"

enabled

parameter "allowExternalTransfers" "false" <-------

The default setting is false, so this prevents a AA caller from accessing anything other than internal CUE numbers.

This feature was introduced in CUE version 2.1.2

Setting it to true allows external access , so be very careful !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUE auto attendant has a configurable option to prevent exactly this scenario.

ccn application autoattendant

description "autoattendant"

enabled

parameter "allowExternalTransfers" "false" <-------

The default setting is false, so this prevents a AA caller from accessing anything other than internal CUE numbers.

This feature was introduced in CUE version 2.1.2

Setting it to true allows external access , so be very careful !

Thanks a bunch, but suppose that i have assigned a number to my FXO port, like 444, so when i dial 444 i'll be connected to the PSTN, so is that scenario handled by the CUE AA too cauz i think that this number will considered as a local number?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: