Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Configuring 2811 as Terminal Console Server

acraick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Netpros, Hope you can help.

I have a 2811 with a HWIC-16A (16 Port Async HWIC) installed in slot 0.

I have configured one LAN (e0) interface and would like users to be able to telnet on TCP ports 2001-2015 to the LAN (e0) interface IP and then have terminal access to the devices connected on the appropriate ports. Similar to our old setup on a AS2511. I can't find any information regarding this specific configuration apart from some stuff on reverse Telnet.

The link below specifies how to create a reverse telnet for this scenario however i would like to have users connecting via the LAN to consoles of devices on the async intefaces. This document also doesn't mention how or if I need to configure all the indivdiaul Async interfaces found the 2811 when using this HWIC.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/comm_server.html

Currently i have ;

Inteface async 0/0/0 - 0/0/15

no ip address

transport slip

line 0/0/0 0/0/15

no exec

login

password password

exec-timeout 5 0

transport input all

flowcontrol hardware

Is this all i need or do i need some other magic to get the router to allow logons the the remote devices.

THanks

3 Replies 3

kcoley
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same isue, so was there more to it than that. My telnet sessions continue to get refused.

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Please try the following under the interfaces (Edit: The "physical-layer async" is required only if the interface is A/S which might not be your case, but please try "async mode interactive" under the async interfaces):

physical-layer async

async mode interactive

Also please make the flowcontrol none under the lines.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

dheitmeyer
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had issues with a 1841 and the 2 port async card.

My setup was similar to that discribed and I have had plenty of experiance with this in years past with the 25xx series.

Try doing a shutdown on your interface async ports.

Once I did this the Reverse Telnet sessions connected fine.

I hope this helps!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: