cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity error

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

What could be the possible reason behind the error message " Unity Connection Failed" after installing Unity on a new server?

3 Replies 3

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Without a bit more input, I'm not sure I could even guess at why you would see this error.

- where did you see the message? e.g. popup error messages, Event Viewer>application log, etc.

- At what point did you see the message? e.g. after the required reboot (as part of Unity setup) when Unity was starting up....etc.

- Does Unity function as expected? Will it answer inbound calls? Can you leave/retrieve voicemail messages?

- Are you installing Unity or Unity Connection? Which version? What is the partner mailstore(if it's Unity)?

Hi Sonya,

Apologize for the late reply, let me give you the complete scenario :

on the system tray there is the "Unity running icon. When we point the mouse there we see the message - "unity Connection Down" The Unity version is 4.2 (1). It's a brand new installation in a lab environment . It's noteworthy that it's not connected or integrated with any Call Manager. Further, in services.msc a lot of Unity services were not starting. When you try to open Unity Admin page it doesn't open & there is a scripting error related to vb.net even though vb.net is installed.

We have installed only Unity, not Unity Connection. Everything, starting from AD, SQL, Exchange, Unity is in one server. The Unity domain is a separate domain controller. We have not tried leaving / retreiving VM messages since it's a test installation.

Thanks for your kind interest.

Regards,

Das.

The Event Viewer Application log should provide guidance as to why the services are not starting. I'd take a look there and see where they lead you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: