Upgrading IVR, CUCM and adding a PG

Unanswered Question
Feb 11th, 2008

Today we have a IPCC Hosted 7.0 system. IVR4.x, Cucm4.x and one PG setup. We need to start aim towards migrating to Cucm6, ivr5 and also to add one pg. What would be the best approach to do this?

Today there is w2k on the IVR's but we need to have w2k3 on the new IVr's so a new installation needs to be performed and then setup exactly as it is today.

We already have one Cucm6 available so there is no need of installing one to do the actual migration, it will be no big redundancy though if the cucm goes down.

We also have only one PG today that handles both ccm and the ivr pims. Here i would like to add another pg so one pg handles cucm and one handles the ivr pims.

What would be the best approach to perform this? The whole IPCC cannot be brought down when implementing this. One side can be down and preferable the B side otherwice the IPCC will fail due to the pg issue.

Can i install a new IVR5 and set it up exactly as the existing 4.x is setup, install the new pg and let that one handle the ivr. Then bring the IVR5 up and check that eveything works and then do the same with the A side?

Perhaps i dont even need to bring down anything less than the IVR's to perform this but the existing pg's need to be reconfigured also.

Is there anything else i have missed? What about the services, routing clients etc.?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion