cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Threshold 3 Parameters

jhaverkos
Level 1
Level 1

The 3rd threshold on each output queue of a 3750 is documented as being non-configurable and representing 100% of the queue buffer. Is this threshold actually represented by the 'maximum' parameter in the queue-set, which actually is configurable? If not, what are the Thresh3 settings? (i.e. 100 100 100 100, something else?)

4 Replies 4

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

If you want to change the buffers/thresholds, you can do that by modifying the Queue-set parameters for the particular interfaces. Please note that the Queue-sets effect _all_ the ports belonging to that queue-set. However, if you just intended to shape/rate limit a particular queue on a port, that can be done individually for a port.

There is no explicitly specified place to modify threshold 3 in the 3750 queue-set and documentation suggests that threshold 3 can not be changed. So my question is, what are threshold 3's parameters?

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please satisfy my curiosity, are you asking this question because you've meet a real problem in QoS, or just trying to understand the working of the switch ?

EDIT: I see from other thread that you got a drops problem, so forget my question. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your.

Yes, we do have drops. I believe drops are expected when policies are applied. Your curiosity is correct, I want to know how the switch works so I understand the how/when these drops occur. I am really looking for an answer as to how the Threshold 3 parms are set so we can optimize our QoS policies. Note again, the 3750 queue-set does not explicitly show a Threshold 3. I am looking for a definition of the buffer allocation and drop thresholds used for Threshold 3.