cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX to 1842 Tunnel

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to put together a solution that would permit our 1842 (that connects to the Internet via a sprint wireless card) that once started will automatically connect to a VPN setup on a PIX 515 at our corporate office. I know that we will need to configure an IPSEC tunnel but I don't know if there is a way to do that as I believe that the router which will be taken to remote locations will be getting a dhcp address from sprint and as far as I know the PIX will not permit a VPN to be setup using a hostmane rather than an IP address. Plus I don't know of any way to automatically kick off the VPN traffic, I believe that something would need to trigger the router to initiate traffic in order to get the tunnel up. I don't know if the router could be configured with some sort of VPN client which would fire up once it started so I am asking if there are any folks around here that may have run into similar issues and how they have been resolved. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

2 Replies 2

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

This document demonstrates how to configure an IPsec tunnel from PIX Security Appliance 7.x and later or the Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) with one internal network to a 2611 router that runs a crypto image. Static routes are used for simplicity.

Refer to PIX/ASA 7.x Security Appliance to an IOS Router LAN-to-LAN IPsec Tunnel Configuration Example for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00805e8c80.shtml

Thank you for the link, I have been reading it over and i think i have it figured out. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card