cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity creating new AD objects :Unity 4.2.1 E2k3 UM

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

I realize that the correct order to remove accounts is to delete the Unity account first, and then delete the associated AD/Exchange account after. That said, should the unity application have the capability to re-create deleted AD accounts when it syncronizes from SQL to AD? - is there a way to stop this behavior other than to delete the unity account first, before the AD object?

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

yes when you run/ran permissions wizard you could have not given the directory account permissions in AD.

I am not possitive but I think PW only gives

permissions and not takes away so if the account already has permissions then you need to plan. (make different accounts maybe)

Jeff am I right?

rlp

we only gave the accounts permissions as required/documented - and selected only "import unity accounts, not create"....

Not sure exactly what you are referring to.

That is exactly what I was referring to. Unity should not be able to create in AD as far as I understand it.

rlp

Well this is exactly what they are doing whenever we reboot a server and it does a full synch (assuming the AD account has already been deleted and the unity account has not), the AD object is recreated in the Unity OU in the customer's AD

Jeff - is this behavior normal or should I open a TAC ticket? Is there a way to manually remove this permission from the Unity accounts (and which one - unitydirsvc?).

Thanks.

Question to Cisco engineers- are there any permissions which can be removed so that Unity can not create AD accounts when doing a resynch if the AD account has already been deleted, but the unity account still exists in the UnityDB. Should I open a TAC ticket for this or is this expected behavior?

We only configure Unity to "import existing users" although I can not guarantee that someone at some point did not select the "create existing accounts" at one point in time when running the wizard....

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: