CCNP - BSCI Lab

Unanswered Question
Feb 11th, 2008

hi there, im about to start my CCNP and having briefly read the Cisco press Self study guide Im feeling overwhelmed with tregards to the equipment required in the labs. I currently have 1x2610 router with 12.4 and 4 serial cards, 2x2501 routers and 1x2924 switch. Will i really need another 2-4 routers or should i be ok with what i have for the BSCI?? please advise as ive been putting starting it off for this reason.

Regards

Sol

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi Sol

I would say that you may get away with just the equipment that you have, but you would certainly benefit from having a few extra routers and maybe an extra switch.

If your finances won't stretch to more hardware at present, check out Dynamips/Dynagen at http://www.dynagen.org

This is a Cisco emulator (NOT a simulator) and emulates Cisco Routers (7200's, 3700's, 3600's and 2600's) and lets you run real IOS, so you have all the commands available. Of course you have to supply the IOS versions.

It does not emulate Catalyst switches, however you can add a virtual NM-16ESW (16 port switch module) to a virtual 3620 router to cover your layer 2 requirements.

This would set you up nicely for the BSCI at least.

Best Regards,

Michael

solpandor Tue, 02/12/2008 - 00:56

michael, thanks for the post. How would i go about getting hold of the IOS??

Sol

Actions

This Discussion