cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International Call Failure

noxkrugger
Level 1
Level 1

I register 2 IP Communicator to the CCM 5.0.4.. From CCM is connected (SIP trunk) to Xener SoftSwitch that have to Voice gateway to PSTN and Internet Carrier. My IP Phones can call to national PSTN, but to international call via Internet Carrier Phone is failed.

My questions are:

1) Is it related to incoming port in SIP security profile or destination port in SIP trunk?

2) Is it related to MTP or DTMF?

3) FYI, the softswitch require SDP to be invited to it from CCM, and from the RTMT log, there are no "INVITE SDP". How to enable the "fast start" or "early offer"?

Please help.

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

International calls may fail due to the additional time taken to locate the user. International calls generally take longer due to multiple systems processing the connection. The workaround is to wind out timers, which allow the call setup enough time to complete the connection.You can resolve this issue in either the Cisco CallManager or the Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) gateway. It is not related to incoming port in SIP security .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094487.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: