cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail Issues

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

After migrating 4.2.1 to Win2003 I'm having some spotty problems with ViewMail. Users cannot get their voicemain via Outlook. It is an intermittant issue. It seems to effect everyone at once but not very often.

When looking at my event logs, I noticed that there are a lot of TSP port collisions relating to MWI. I changed the MWI to only use ports 31 and 32 on my primary and failover server.

I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this. By the time the problem is reported to me it works again and there are no indicators in the event log.

Thanks,

Patrick

16 Replies 16

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

what version of tsp are you at? there should be no mwi or port colisions anymore (should I say)

What version of VMO are you at?

Randy

TSP 8.1(2)

Unity 4.2(1)es117

More info.

I'm seeing event log errors from source CiscoUnity_Miu.

Event ID 564

Cisco Unity's telephony component has encountered a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

A serious failure has occurred on port 30 while placing an outgoing call. Most likely, parties involved in the call will be disconnected. In some cases, further calls on this port will not be handled correctly.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Thread 0x00001CA4 had a failure on port 30 in method CAvMiuLine::MakeCall()

--Patrick

Take a look at this matrix.

TSP 8.1.3 is available.

I would install it and reboot Unity and reset vm port 30 in cm if you can't reboot cm.

rlp

didn't tell me vmo version

vmo = viewmail for outlook

VMO is version 4.2.0.128

I'll try the newer TSP.

Thanks,

Patrick

The new TSP version did not help. I still see the same errors in the event log. I did reset the voicemail ports in CallManager.

--Patrick

More info.

I have 32 ports on the primart server. 1-25 Answer calls, 26-30 are notification and trap, and 31 and 32 are MWI.

VMO starts at the bottom and work up so ut grabs port 30 first.

I reset the port in CM. Then try VMO. There is a long pause and then an error stating "no answer". Every attempt after that fails right away.

If I remove port 30 from TRAP in my integration, it works perfectly. I tested ports 26 - 32 individualy and ports 30 and 31 fail. All the others work.

Any ideas?

I haven't tested ports 1-25.

--Patrick

I have an idea for port 31. hold on.

rlp

MWI ports need to be taken out of the line groups cause they do not answeer calls. Do your TRaP ports answer calls?

rlp

I have removed the TRAP and MWI ports from the line groups and they are configured not to answer calls.

--Patrick

I am stumped with the info that I have.

Eric if you are there do you have any ideas?

--Randy

I was thinking about restarting both of my CallManager servers this evening.

--Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: