Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party paging integration

Not applicable

I am trying to integrate a Symetrix 421 paging to Cisco 2811 router.

Should I use a FXO or FXS port and also doyou have some configuration expamples.

Thanks

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, I've located the device manual at:

http://support.symetrixaudio.com/cgi-bin/symetrix.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=bQUnF3Yi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_tbl=9&p_id=415&p_created=1138641843&p_olh=0

but it doesn't mention telephone interfacing, I guess a good choice could be E&M interface, however better look at the way the previous system was connecgted, or give the manufacturer a call.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks P. I have already got the usermanual and I agree there is not much in their. The system is currently connected to a Nortel PBX now.

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Greg,

On most systems you use an FXO to communicate with a paging system. Is your 2811 MGCP or H323? This would determine the configuration examples that you would use.

It is much easier to use MGCP. You would just create a route pattern and point this to the FXO port on the 2811.

Hey Jason thanks for the quick response. We are using MGCP

Also I had found the user manual to the Symetrix device before posting and it doesnt talk about interfacing to PBX at all. Just to give more history here. It is currently being used hung off of a Nortel Meridian 1 system.(i think 21). We are putting in CCM 6 at this site and are tasked with paging integration also. I think the current set up is out of a CO trunk port. There page code is 811 if this helps any.

Any configuration examples you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Jason did you get my last response to you and did you ever come up with any ideas for me.

Thank you

Greg

Hi Greg,

Can you tell us what the Card Model # is on the Nortel? Then we can determine what to use with the ISR.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob it is a universal trunk card. and for clarification the nortel unit is coming out of production and we are moving to a Cisco callmanager platform. We are using the Cisco 2811 router as the voice gateway. In it we have both FXO and FXS option available. I have integrated paging into a situation like this before but I used an E&M module.

My only option with out redesign is fxo or fxs this is an after thought on this project. So any help would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg,

If you can;

Access the Nortel

Go into Load 20

Prt

PAG

The output may look like this;

REQ: PRT

TYPE: PAG

TN

CUST 0

DATE

PAGE

DES

TN x.x.x.x

TYPE PAG

CUST 0

RTMB 1 1

SIGL EAM

STRO IMM

SUPN NO

CLS UNR DTN CND WTA LPR

P10 VNL

DATE NO DATE

If it is set for E&M we will then know.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob I am assuming you want to know the Sigl type. If so that is LDR

However here is what everything it says

TN 004 0 11 07

Type Pag

cust 0

xtrk xut

Timp 600

BIMP 3com

RTMB 4 1

Sigl LDR

Stro IMM

Supn yes

Ast no

IAPG 0

CLS unr,dtn,cnd,wta,lpr,thfd, p10,ntc

Date No date

natc

DTC 001

Please let me know

Greg

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greg,

OK, this is what I was afaid of. The problem here is that the Symetrix is not going to have any type of Telephony Interface (from spec sheet nicely supplied by Paolo) so we will need some "mid-span" type device. In the Nortel setup with the XUT set for Paging, when someone dialled 811 the Paging Card would answer and just "Bridge" the Audio over to the Symetrix. All the Smarts so to speak are in the Nortel Paging Card (Ring detection, Audio Cut-through etc) and the Symetrix is just a nice Amp.

Something like this;

http://www.camelectronics.com/botateacmo.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Edit: Sorry, this would be used with an FXS Port :)

So Rob my options at this point is using an E&M card and do cut through or getting another device to integrate it.

Greg

Hi, I don't understand a thing of the Nortel config, but from Rob's explanation, I think an E&M correctly set would do, see this good document:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015094e.shtml

And you would be merrily paging.

Hi Guys,

Sorry, yes an E&M card should do the same thing :) I was thinking $$ pricing only. Comes from trying to save money whenever possible in the Campus environment (more for the Student programs!)

Take care,

Rob

All types of analog cards are the same price!

And for savers there's always the leading auction site :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: