Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1130 AG's - FastEthernet Radio Disabled

poirotd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was looking through an 1130AG trying to shut down the radios for a day to do some other testing. I accessed these through the web browser. I disabled the A and B/G radios from the location and then went to another location and disabled FastEthernet (wired) connection. I want to bring these radios back up and now I can't access the web interface because I disabled the wireless connection. Can someone please help out and direct me where to go next to enable the radios on these access point (without hopefully resetting it) and without the ability to access through the web based interface??

Thanks so much for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dayne you are most welcome my friend! ... sorry for misspelling your name earlier (can't read or type sometimes :)

Here is some info for using Hyperterminal/Console connections

Console info;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/s15frst.html#wp1034762

Cisco IOS Command Modes

The Cisco IOS user interface is divided into many different modes. The commands available to you depend on which mode you are currently in. Enter a question mark (?) at the system prompt to obtain a list of commands available for each command mode.

When you start a session on the access point, you begin in user mode, often called user EXEC mode. Only a limited subset of the commands are available in user EXEC mode. For example, most of the user EXEC commands are one-time commands, such as show commands, which show the current configuration status, and clear commands, which clear counters or interfaces. The user EXEC commands are not saved when the access point reboots.

To have access to all commands, you must enter privileged EXEC mode. Normally, you must enter a password to enter privileged EXEC mode. From this mode, you must enter privileged EXEC mode before you can enter the global configuration mode.

Using the configuration modes (global, interface, and line), you can make changes to the running configuration. If you save the configuration, these commands are stored and used when the access point reboots. To access the various configuration modes, you must start at global configuration mode. From global configuration mode, you can enter interface configuration mode and line configuration mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/s15cli.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dane,

You can use the Console access;

Enabling the Radio Interface

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beginning in privileged EXEC mode, follow these steps to enable the access point radio:

Command Purpose

Step 1

configure terminal

Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2

interface dot11radio { 0 | 1 }

Enter interface configuration mode for the radio interface. The 2.4-GHz radio is radio 0, and the 5-GHz radio is radio 1.

Step 3

no shutdown

Enable the radio port.

Step 5

end

Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 6

copy running-config startup-config

(Optional) Save your entries in the configuration file.

Use the shutdown command to disable the radio port.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

How do I get into privileged EXEC mode? The router's up and running and plugged into the server's serial port.

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dayne you are most welcome my friend! ... sorry for misspelling your name earlier (can't read or type sometimes :)

Here is some info for using Hyperterminal/Console connections

Console info;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/s15frst.html#wp1034762

Cisco IOS Command Modes

The Cisco IOS user interface is divided into many different modes. The commands available to you depend on which mode you are currently in. Enter a question mark (?) at the system prompt to obtain a list of commands available for each command mode.

When you start a session on the access point, you begin in user mode, often called user EXEC mode. Only a limited subset of the commands are available in user EXEC mode. For example, most of the user EXEC commands are one-time commands, such as show commands, which show the current configuration status, and clear commands, which clear counters or interfaces. The user EXEC commands are not saved when the access point reboots.

To have access to all commands, you must enter privileged EXEC mode. Normally, you must enter a password to enter privileged EXEC mode. From this mode, you must enter privileged EXEC mode before you can enter the global configuration mode.

Using the configuration modes (global, interface, and line), you can make changes to the running configuration. If you save the configuration, these commands are stored and used when the access point reboots. To access the various configuration modes, you must start at global configuration mode. From global configuration mode, you can enter interface configuration mode and line configuration mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/s15cli.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card