Helpful
Replies

SUP32 in 7604 router fails POST.

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Three questions:

=================

1) We do not have any parts and I wish to make sure that we get the right parts. Problem: When we turn ON the 7604 router the STATUS LED on SUP32 stays RED and the FAN TRAY LED stays RED. When we unplug the fan tray with power ON we notice that none of the fans are spinning as we unplug the FAN TRAY. Could this be a SUP 32 fault or a fan tray fault? Is it possible that the SUP32 notices that there is no air flow and hence fails POST and turns STATUS LED RED? Or is it a case of dead SUP32 failing POST because of some other logic dead on SUP32? No messages appear on Console. I can get a fan quickly but SUP32 may take too much time.

2)How much default DRAM and flash does SUp32 have on board. IS this on board flash and DRAm upgradeable.

3) I can't seem to find a document showing the picture of a SUP32 indicating where the on-board flash and on-baord DRAm physically sit. I can get a picture of the front of the SUP32 module but not one showing motherboard.

2 Replies 2

Wong,

When I search for the bug it says only Cisco employees can see it.

Also I am unable to get to the 2nd link in your reply.

Alphonse

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card