Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i bought a Cisco2841 router with 2 serial interface ,each one of them is linked to ISP.Now I want to configure the load balancing between these two interfaces.Behind this router Cisco PIX525 router is connected.

Please guide me to configure that certain amount of internet traffic has to flow to ISP1 through serial 0/0 and remaing amount of internet traffic has to flow to ISP2 through serial 0/1.

My knowledge is either using IP route-cache,IP per packet-sharing or using CEF,Advice me how to configure.Send me a link for this load balancing.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

2 Replies 2

sivakondalarao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You wanted to load balance the traffic or failover also required.

There are some issues when configuring failover in between ISPs(like DNS name resolution).

Load balancing you can configure using policy based routing.

Below link provides information on policy based routing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6599/products_white_paper09186a00800a4409.shtml

regards

skrao

Hi,

Basically ,I want both the interface should be up and I want to share the traffic between these two interfaces,then mean time if one of the link down,then the second one should take the entire traffic.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco