Views
Helpful
Replies

External call transfer

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a good reference available on how to configure call transfer during voicemail prompt.

What I'd like to do is if a call to an extension is unanswered and goes to VM, that the prompt says something like: "Press 1 to be transferred to my mobile, or please hold to leave a message.", and if the callers presses 1 is then transferred to mobile.

Is this an AA script, and are there examples on how to set this up?

TIA.

3 Replies 3

swensonj
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using Unity for Voicemail, go to the Caller Input configuration screen for that users voicemail box, and click on the one, then select "Send Caller To :" selection box and pick "Alternate Contact Number: " Then put in the cell phone, all your COC stuff still applies, if Unity will need access to a CSS w/ a PSTN gateway and perhaps you will need to prefix a 9 or whatever.

Sorry I should have specified the system.

It is a UC520 with CUE 2.3.4.1, and CCME.

CUE doesn't have this feature in the GUI. How is it configured from the CLI.

Ta.

Hi,

In theory you should be able to configure the zero-out number for the mailbox to your mobile number. So when the user presses "0" they can be diverted to your mobile.

Rather than allowing Unity Express direct access to dial out, I would create a dummy ephone-dn that is configured with call-forward all to your mobile and use this as the zero-out number. If you are currently restricting external transfer/call-forward then under telephony service add your mobile number as a transfer/call-forward pattern.

Using this method you will limit the possibility of dial-through-fraud.