cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Device Discovery

dbelno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. i have a problem with the deivce discovery since i updated from LMS2.6 to 3.0. When i delete a router from the device management which is connected over a leased line with the core router it is never discovered. When i debug the snmp packets on this router i see no packets from the LMS. i defined the primary router as seed device but it seems that all devies that are connected to this router with leased line are not discovered. With LMS 2.6 all routers (about 400) were displayed with the loopback address. Can you help me?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume CDP is running over these leased lines? Verify the show cdp neighbor output looks good, and check your Discovery filters to make sure these devices are not being excluded.

If all that checks out, enable devdiscovery debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Debugging Options > Device Discovery, run a new discovery, and post the discovery.log along with the hostname and IP address of a missing device.

Sorry, but in the December updates the device discovery is moved to the common services and there i have no debuggin for device discovery. The cdp is running over hte leased line, in Version 2.6 the discovery worked fine. I think the filters don't work correctly, because i excluded 110.*.*.*(this is one of our Voice-net) and LMS discoverd it . When i define a CAT6500 IOS as seed device where about 50 Cat3560 are connected, LMS discovered no device over cdp. See attached file

When you said LMS 3.0, I had assumed LMS 3.0 and not 3.0.1. Yes, Discovery is part of Common Services in LMS 3.0.1. Please post your NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/CSDiscovery-config.xml file. If the information in this file is too sensitive to post on an open forum, please open a TAC service request with these details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: