VTadvantage and NDIS

Unanswered Question
Feb 12th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello,

We have several problems with VT advantage. One of them is that some people install the program on their pc and when they start the program and the get a BSOD on their PC.

The BSOD has a message saying that there is a problem with NDIS. I have search for some differences on the pc that is working. We can see that their is a Local LAN network card on the pc that is working. The LAN card has a weird ip 0.1.0.5, when i look at the details i see that is a MS TV/Video connection in the description. Also i see here the Cisco CDP KMDF NDIS protocol driver. I think that this is the reason that it doesn't work on the other pc.

My question is how can i manual install this LAN connection. Cause i can't sell it to my customers that they must install the pc's with a fresh windows installation. This is solving the issue but I think there must be a workaround.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lmackay Wed, 03/19/2008 - 17:18
User Badges:

We are running into a BSOD issue with some PC's running XP SP2 with VT advantage, crashing in ndis.sys.

Did you find a resolution to your problem?

Cheers

Lincoln

S M85 Thu, 03/20/2008 - 05:19
User Badges:

yes, we have downloaded the latest drivers of the network card en deinstalled everything. Than we did a repair option (it is een option in the deinstallion part of VT advantage software). good luck!

lmackay Mon, 03/24/2008 - 13:25
User Badges:

The 2.1 series is the one causing us problems with XP installs. Vista with 2.1 is fine, as is 2.03 on XP

Actions

This Discussion