Views
Helpful
Replies

call routing - translating

bolz_icw_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question concerning a sort of "least cost routing"...

I use the callmanager in version 4.2(3)sr3.

There is a connection to our PSTN by a Cisco 2811 router which is configured to act as a MGCP gateway.

We use a route pattern 0.! to let the user access the PSTN by dialing 0.

What we additionally use is a IP contact center. Therefore we have some CTI route points acting as triggers for the appropriate hotlines.

The hotlines are reachable from outside our company by some special service numbers.

As these hotlines are also for co-workers (located inside the company), I want to prevent them to establish calls via the PSTN using the charged numbers.

Instead I want to identify, if somebody dials one of these service numbers and route this call internally to the CTI route point rather than via the gateway to the PSNT and back...

Any idea how to accomplish this?

I thought of some translation patterns, but the priority of my route pattern 0.! is always higher and thererfore I would never have a match to this translation pattern...

Thanks in advance,

Joachim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Joachim,

You are right in using a translation pattern.

My understanding is that a translation pattern will translate a set of dialled digits before they match a route pattern, so regardless of the priority of your RP the translation should still take place.

In this case, once the digits are translated it will not use the 0.! route pattern as the destination would be in the Internal partition.

You could add the translation pattern and test using DNA to check the result.

Hope this has helped, if so please rate.

Regards,

Dave

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Joachim,

You are right in using a translation pattern.

My understanding is that a translation pattern will translate a set of dialled digits before they match a route pattern, so regardless of the priority of your RP the translation should still take place.

In this case, once the digits are translated it will not use the 0.! route pattern as the destination would be in the Internal partition.

You could add the translation pattern and test using DNA to check the result.

Hope this has helped, if so please rate.

Regards,

Dave